Services Project Manager (Ships)
Purpose of job
The Services Project Manager’s primary purpose is to oversee all aspects of Project Management for a dedicated portfolio of related projects within the Services Division
Work closely with the In Service Support Managers & Programme, Operations and Waterfront Leads directly accountable to the Programme Lead for delivery outputs
Support the Programme Lead in developing and implementing the AEUK Services Project / Portfolio strategy
Maintenance of enduring customer relationships, identifying areas for current/future contract growth
Services Programme Lead
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent, full time (37 hours/ week)
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities
- Experience of successfully delivering complex technical products within a project environment
- Knowledge and experience of In-Service Support, CLS/ILS processes and procedures
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills and experience leading diverse teams, stakeholders and suppliers
- Experience of managing significant value (financial, strategic) projects to challenging timescales, budgets and requirements
- Ensuring appropriate risk, opportunity, security, trade controls, quality and configuration management for the project
- Domain experience in the defence business or a recognised high end technical industry
- Commercially astute with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and Senior Management in a confident and professional manner.
- Provide timely Reports and Escalation to Management on the progress and performance of the projects for which you take full responsibility, engaging all Project stakeholders ensuring strong communications are established and maintained
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills and written presentation/report writing skills should be developed to management level.
- Full proficiency in the use of MS Office toolset.
- Responsibility for monitoring and controlling a number of In-Service/CLS Projects and managing the day-to-day co-ordination and implementation of the programme management activities, to ensure the achievement of the Project In-Service/CLS Project KPI’s.
- Head of Services Division
- Services ProgrammeLead
- In Service Support Managers
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and delivery focused
- Innovative and prepared to challenge conventional thinking
- Team player and leader
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfortable dealing with Senior Management
- Prepared to travel to other sites at various locations within the UK and out of UK on an occasional basis
- Ideally educated to degree level in an Engineering or Business discipline.
- Formal PM Qualifications or experience of delivering complex projects, particularly in a Services environment.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment@uk.atlas-elektronik.comby the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB