Purpose of Job
Responsible for managing and conducting systems engineering activities throughout the complete product lifecycle
To Systems Engineering Team Leader
Dorset Innovation Park, Winfrith
Permanent (37 hours/ week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our successful and growing company in Winfrith, Dorset. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK together with its subsidiaries, is a technological leader in many sectors and has an excellent reputation. We have unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Good sound knowledge and understanding of systems engineering principles and their application to multi-disciplinary (mechanical, electrical, electronic and software design principles) engineering projects.
- Sound understanding of requirements management and decomposition.
- Familiarity with Defence Standards (particularly DEF-STAN and MIL-STD).
- Ability to solve complex problems and to critically review results and methods to ensure quality .
- Ability to expand knowledge into new domain areas, and work across domains and see the bigger picture.
- Strong communication skills, including delivery of presentations.
- Good written skills particularly technical report writing, ability to communicate with expert and non-expert stakeholders.
- Educated to degree or equivalent level in an engineering, or related discipline.
- Knowledge and experience of INCOSE Systems Engineering practice and principles.
- Preferably have an understanding of military systems, in particular maritime systems. Alternatively, we will consider other highly regulated industries including aerospace, nuclear, or rail.
- Ideally (but not essential) experienced in one or more of the following domain areas:
- Maritime Combat Systems, integration of equipment and software.
- Unmanned Systems.
- Combat Management Systems.
- Acoustics / Sonar Processing.
- Experience in preparation of documentation for bids.
- Primary software/system skills:
- IBM DOORS requirements management (9.x / NG).
- UML / SysML.
- Desirable software/system skills:
- Enterprise Architect (EA).
- IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM).
- IBM Rational Publishing Engine (RPE).
- To apply strong systems engineering principles in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- The ability to extract key facts from large amounts of information.
- Effective time management within a multi-tasking environment.
- The ability to communicate and influence at all levels in a dynamic organisation.
- Responsible for delivering key system engineering processes across the product lifecycle.
- Working closely with the project teams including the System Design Authority, Engineering Manager and Team Engineers.
- Use expertise and knowledge to make a strong contribution to bids and projects.
Dorset DT2 8ZB